ACER research in early childhood education and care and the early years of school informs policy, programs and practice to support improved learning and development outcomes for all children.
Drawing on extensive expertise and networks in the early childhood education and care sector, ACER’s research supports policymakers, service providers, educators and families through a wide range of research and assessment services.
Our research in early childhood education addresses holistic learning and development, assessment, curriculum and standards development, quality, and equity of access.
ACER publications relating to early childhood education and care can be downloaded from ACER ReSearch Repository.
Other recent research includes:
- International consortium lead for the OECD International Early Learning and Child Well-being Study
- Literature reviews and practice guides to support Victorian educators to the Victorian Early Years Learning and Development Framework
- Evaluation of pre-literacy programs for children in Papua New Guinea
- Science in the early years research-based resources for educators
- Little J & Big Cuz case studies